Tuesday, March 22, 2016

SIX HORRIBLE THINGS I DO BEHIND MY CHILDS BACK

We teach our children that honesty is important... right? We teach our kids not to lie to us and that lying is not allowed... right? As a mom that is in our job description I am pretty sure. So, how doe we justify the things we sometimes do behind our children's backs? It's in our job description right that we mom's now what is ok to do behind there back... right? Someones got my back on this one right? I think my mom would say it is using the "Executive Decision"  or other wise known as Mom's Rule # ... .

  1. Throwing away a piece or two of art work or something she's made for us. I use to save everything she made for us. Then one day I realized that I have boxes piled up of things she has made and had ever intention of getting into a scrapbook, but never have. I don't know how, but it's  like radar goes off and she finds it in the trash. I try to get away with "I don't know how that got in there?" But since her daddy doesn't seem to know where the trash can is ... she knows it wasn't him! I try to logic with her taht I can't keep every piece ... "just the special ones". That just gets me in deeper trouble. Then at my mom's this past summer while I was trying to help her move and down size ... what do I do? "Mom you really aren't throwing that away are you. My mom just laughs at me... she knows I have had this exact same conversation. So, now I find myself with still even more boxes ... hoping to find there way into scrapbooks sooner then later.                                                                                     
  2. Eating popcorn after she's gone to bed. I don't like to share my popcorn! I already have four little fur babies staring at me wanting some ... I don't want to have to share my popcorn with anyone else. I blame this on my dad. He did the exact same thing to me.
  3.  Throw away those annoying toys that we as mom's don't like.  Personally, I mom test toys before  I buy them, but you know there is always that one relative that thinks a farting dog bank is really  cool and gives them lots of pennies to let them see how may times Spot can fart. Let them take the  bank home and with them and see how cute it is at 10 pm when their kids are still up because they have figured out how to take the rubber stopper out of the bottom and get the money back out so the fun continues. Oh wait ... their the ones that don't have kids!
  4. Telling them their favorite tv show is not one because you really can not stand to see one more rerun of Sponge Bob. What happened to the rule "No Sponge Bob or Barney will ever play a part of this household? Oh yeah ... daddies seem to think Sponge Bob is great!
  5.  Promising her that "I will not tell Daddy what you did today!". Then the minute he walks in the door "Guess what YOUR daughter did today!!!"  
  6. Sounding like my mom. I love my mom don't get me wrong, but how many times did we say when we  were young "I will not ever say that to my child!". Then out it comes .. .did I really just say "If you roll your eyes like that again ...".
It's your turn ... surely I am not the only "bad mom" out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment