Saturday, March 26, 2016

IBOTTA APP ... DOES IT WORK

I use to be a Coupon Queen or at least that is what my husband called me. But then stores had to go and change their Couponing Policies and it just did not seem like it was worth it for a long time. But I have gotten back on the horse and I am trying it again. I still miss coupons that doubled and being able to stack Digital Coupons and paper coupons, but there are some great APPS out there now.

First let me say I am not a APP person normally. It took me awhile to jump on the wagon and use APPS, but I am telling you ... you WILL save MONEY!

So for those of you out there that have not heard of IBOTA ... let me try and explain it to you.

WHAT IS IBOTTA?

Ibotta is a mobile device app that will pay you cash back on you’re in store purchases. The app shows you what products are eligible for cash back and at what stores. All you have to do is buy the items and then verify your purchases. Some stores you must scan the Bar Code of the product and your receipt and snap the picture of the receipt. Others you just have to snap a picture of the receipt. Once you have done this and your purchases have been verified you will hear a "Chang Ching" sound when your money is in your account.

So ... HOW DOES IBOTTA WORK?

1. Firs you must have a Smart Phone. Right now that is the only way to sign-up and use IBOTTA.  Join IBOTTA here ... https://ibotta.com/r/fmwdlet If you sign up with my referral code we will both earn money! My referral code is: fmwdlet. Sign up with my CODE and you will atomically get $10.00 when you use the APP in the first two weeks!

2. Go Shopping ... I like to claim my items before I go shopping. To do this just browse the rebates and choose the ones you will be buying. By doing it this way I also get  glimpse of what is available. That way if I get to the store and see a good deal on something and I know it is on the APP I can go and claim it then. Make sure you read the details on exactly what you must buy (size, quality, etc).

3. Claim your purchases... I do mine when I get home. As I am putting things up I can scan the Bar Code or just scan the receipt.

HOW DOES IBOTTA PAY YOU?

When you reach a certain amount ... last I checked it was $5.00 you have it sent to your Pay Pal account or you can choose Gift Cards. I prefer to do the GC route. Last year, I saved up my points and would periodically put them on GC then at the end of the year I had some "free" Christmas shopping money! I was already going to have to buy the food so it was not like I was spending money to get money.

DO THEY REALLY PAY OUT?

Yes, I have cashed out and received my GC. When I put the money in my Pay Pal account it took only minutes for it to get into my account.

DO YOU HAVE TO SHOP AT CERTAIN STORES?

Yes, there are only certain stores that you can shop at. But most are the big names stores and here in Indianapolis one of our locally own grocery stores is on the list. You will even find other stores then grocery stores ... I have used IBOTTA at Hobby Lobby and a few restaurants.


IS IT ONLY FOR NAME BRAND OR ITEMS YOU DON'T USE EVERYDAY?

No and No ... there are not all name brand products on there. I have bought a lot of items that say "store brand" or "any brand". These are items like milk, cheese, bread, pasta, ice cream, etc. There are also Rebates for fresh veggies and fruit!

 




IS IT TIME CONSUMING?

No, I add my items as I am working on my list and doing my Price matches.

IS IT WORTH IT?

Yes ... unless you just have money to throw away!

Here is a example of what I saved in one week...

* On my APP I choose the items I was going to use ... I shopped three different times in one week at two different stores. Just from IBOTTA I put $8.00 in my account. And YES these were items I would have bought with or without the APP! Now ... I also used regular paper coupons and I saved $15.00 doing that. I Price Matched at Wal-Mart and saved $18.00 doing that (I love our one local store when the run Reynolds Heavy Duty Wrap 75sq. ft for $.99)! And I put my Wal-Mart receipts into their Savings Catcher and got back $7.89 on dog food. On one trip alone to Wal-Mart I turned my $80.00 grocery bill into $49.00. I would say that was worth it ... wouldn't you?

So don't wait any longer ... sigh up today at: https://ibotta.com/

And don't forget to use my CODE: fmwdlet

 Ibotta Referral Logo

No comments:

Post a Comment