Thursday, March 31, 2016

"No Mommy I Did Not ..."

Have you ever heard those words, but you knew the answer already?

This morning as I am in the bathroom, Penny comes into the bathroom to ask me a question. I did not even wait for her question as I had a much more important one...

ME: "Why are your lips blue?" Of coarse, I already knew the answer, but I wanted to her the explanation.

PENNY:  "I don't know."

ME: "If you don't know who should I ask? Is there something you would like to tell me?"

PENNY: "Can we go out to breakfast?"

ME: "That's a question not a statement."

PENNY: "I want to go out to breakfast!"

ME: "We need to figure out first what is wrong with your lips."

PENNY: "Oh..."

ME: "And what is on your sleeve and shirt."

PENNY: "I think it was from a couple of days ago when I got a stain on it."

I am trying to know keep a straight face and not to laugh.

ME: "Do you think maybe you liked the icing of the cupcakes?"

PENNY: "No there was some on the cartoon and I liked it off so it would not get all over."

ME:: "If I go into the kitchen and look and there is icing off a cupcake ..."

Silence. I've given her the chance to come clean so fire is now shooting out of my head!

ME: "PENNY!!!" As I am in the kitchen and the cupcake box lid is not on right and two little finger prints are smeared through  the top of the cupcakes.

PENNY: "Yes, Mommy?"

By know I just know I am not going to get a straight answer so I give up.

ME: "Just for future reference ... next time wipe the evidence off your face and not on your clothes. And put the lid back on the container and don't leave fingerprints."

I guess as least I know she won't be a criminal ... at lest if it involves a Criminal Icing Thief:".




No comments:

Post a Comment