Saturday, May 7, 2016

CHALKTASTIC MARKERS ... A REVIEW and a DISAPOINTING CUSOMER SERVICE REPLY!

This is the definition I could find on the word POROUS:

Simple Definition of porous

  • : having small holes that allow air or liquid to pass through
  • : easy to pass or get through
Source: Merriam-Webster's Learner's Dictionary
I was pretty sure I knew what it meant, but I thought I better double check after I wrote I review of a AMAZON product and got a not so nice follow up COMMENT from a Company in response to the RATING I left.
When you leave REVIEWS of products regardless of rather you leave them as a REVIEWER or as a CUSTOMER if you leave a less then perfect review you are always subject to the backlash from a company I guess. However, as a former Internet Business person myself and a Restaurant Owner myself I guess I myself would handle situations differently. It saddened me greatly to read the Customer Response to my Review Follow Up. I had to think before I decided to do a Blog Post on this ...
I was given the opportunity to REVIEW a product called: Fantastic ChalkTastic White Chalk Markers.Here is what they advertise as being able to be used on:

  • VIBRANT WHITE COLOR - ChalkTastic Bright White Liquid chalk markers use a high-quality, super-concentrated liquid chalk that provides bright, vibrant colors each and every time. These eye-catching color give you the ultimate in creative expression! Great for Menu Boards, Bistro Boards, Black Dry Erase board, LED Board, Window markers, Car Windows, Kids art, School work, Marking dates on food Containers
  • AMAZING VERSATILITY GREAT ERASABLE MARKERS FOR KIDS - ChalkTastic White chalk Pens are Non Toxic and Odorless and will out last ANY other White Chalk Pens with there huge capacity. The White Glass marker Pens allow you to turn any ordinary NON-POROUS surface - including chalk labels, mirrors, storefront windows, Black Dry Erase board, metal and more - into your very own canvas!
I DID read this part VERY closely ... 

The White Glass marker Pens allow you to turn any ordinary NON-POROUS surface - including chalk labels, mirrors, storefront windows, Black Dry Erase board, metal and more - into your very own canvas!
I am a home school parent and we have a hug NON-POROUS Chalk Board in our home school room. We also have several NON-POROUS mini chalk boards we use. We have been using them for four years now with various chalks and other brands of chalk markers and never had any issues.  As always though I test products like this on my mini boards first. It is just a given as well as directed by companies usually. 

I did this with the CHALKTASTIC MARKERS and I am so glad I did as it was a complete FAILURE! The chalk paint did not come off. I tired to wipe it of with water and it did not come off. I even tried to let it soak with a wet paper towel on it for while and it did not come off. 

The CHALKTASTIC MARKERS are nice markers. They write well... they flow nice. The write on windows nice and they do come off of windows and mirrors nice. But as far as coming off of CHALK BOARDS that are POROUS ... at least mine that I know are in fact porous they failed. 
RATING: 2 STARS ... I gave them this because on some  surfaces it did work.

I appreciate being allowed to review this product and I do not want another product sent out or to be compensated in any other way. However PRO GRADE as a company I do feel there is a better way to follow up.



Hi, we are very sorry to hear that you have experienced some problems with your chalkboard. The chalk markers, just like all other chalk markers are designed to be used on any non porous surface and we have tried to make this as clear as possible on both the product listing and product packaging but also understand that this can sometimes get missed. Unfortunately with chalkboards some are porous and some are non porous which is why we always advise on testing on a small area first.

We pride ourselves on providing both great products and excellent customer service and respond promptly to any emails or messages received. We have double checked all email messages and have not received any messages from yourself so we can only assume that for some reason your email didn't reach us. 

Really this is Good Customer Service?


*Pictures will be added ... having some camera issues:<





No comments:

Post a Comment