Friday, May 13, 2016

A Cool New Children's Author ... Two New Children's Books For Your Shelf

(Penny and her Grammy)

I grew up in a family of readers ... my husband grew up in a family of readers. We though for sure we would raise a daughter that we would love to read. However, reading in our house with her is going down that different path. Penny is eight, but reads on a Kindergarten level. With Neurofibromatosis there are so may struggles in life, but some of the biggest come in the early years with school. Reading is worse then having teeth pulled for our daughter. She enjoys being read to and Audio Books, but you say it is time to read to her and you would like I wanted to pull teeth out of her mouth.

It is really hard to find books as well that she will sit through . I know what type of books she should be reading at her age however sadly we are not there at this time. What is really great though is when you find a book that your daughter loves and connects with. I recently came across the first book by, Dominic Lodato by accident.

MUSTARD MAYHEM is on of those books that you find yourself reading without your child just because it is that darn cute!  It also just so happens that are family loves condiments and mustard is one of my little girls favorites. This book is only available in hard cover right now, but the hard copy is so worth it. The pictures are so bright and cheerful. The characters just seem to jump off the pages at you. Personally, I want to hug the little brother. Anyway, I do not want to give the whole story away, but it is a about a older brother that loves his hot dogs. Of coarse her has to have them with mustard on them, but when he goes to get he mustard it is gone. What follows is big brother going around asking his whole family if they have seen his mustard. No one has ... but right after little brother walks into the scene and that is where the fun begins! 

I love this book as it is just so cute ... maybe part of it is because I was the little sister

Night after night of this book I knew I had to get Mr. Lodato's second book. Now, while we are NOT having another baby in this house ...  my daughter has had to get use to me babysitting two younger ones. I say babysitting, but it is no longer that these two have captured me and my husband's heart and them along with their parent's are a part of our family. However, she has been use to being the one and only in this family so she has never had to relate to a sibling or things that go along with having a sibiling. But still the same I wanted the book ...


I THINK MY LITTLE BROTHER IS AN ALIEN is about a big brother that is pretty sure the little brother his parents brought home from the hospital has to be a Alien. Again, the pictures are brilliant and so colorful. The book is so funny and I am sure a lot of children can relate to having a little "alien" brought home from the hospital.





These books are so super cute ... don't miss out on this great author! Dominic Lodato is truly a fantastic writer and I hope he is busy writing some more books!

You can find both of these books on Amazon and two of his other books here:

http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byline_sr_book_1?ie=UTF8&text=Dominic+Lodato&search-alias=books&field-author=Dominic+Lodato&sort=relevancerank

RATING: Five Stars



I received this product on a promotional discount for my honest review and they are 100% my own opinions. I received no compensation for this review and I am not required to give a positive review. I am also not associated with the seller in any way.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment